Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed - circuit doesn´t work and blows up the igbt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolhoemti

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help needed

Hello there
I am asking about some help. I am doing a project wich supposed to oscillating current about 25 kHz. L1 = L2 and i replace l3 with a 100watt lamp. It works. When i change the lamp with an 500 watt lamp( the load will have about 1800watt ). The circuit doesn´t work and blow up the igbt. Any one help me? Why igbt blows up? In both cases pwm has about 50 % dutty cycle.

Re: Help needed

Because i need to oscilating the current about 25 kHz. The lamp is just for test. The propose is to do an inductionheater.

dolhoemti said:
Hello there
I am asking about some help. I am doing a project wich supposed to oscillating current about 25 kHz. L1 = L2 and i replace l3 with a 100watt lamp. It works. When i change the lamp with an 500 watt lamp( the load will have about 1800watt ). The circuit doesn´t work and blow up the igbt. Any one help me? Why igbt blows up? In both cases pwm has about 50 % dutty cycle.

There may be only 2 possibilities. One the IGBT is not handling the 500 watts load.(Try some other IGBT with more power handling capacity) Other the IGBT is not provided with a sufficient heatsink. Good luck.

The headsink it's enough i guess, it has 10.5 X 8.5 cm . The igbt is an fga15n120 that handles with 25 A max continuous and 1200 v Vce. May i join a lamp and a coil in series ?

Status
Not open for further replies.