Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed::audio compression (DCT) using matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilamseeker

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
audio compression matlab

hi all,
i have been given an assignment, to write matlab code for an audio file compression using DCT but using no inbuilt functions available in matlab. After taking DCT, i have to explicitly state and give reasons for how many samples have been sent for compression and how many discarded.
i also have to write code for its inverse DCT.

So plz if any one has the matlab code for the described problem or if any one can do it for me as it will be very much appreciated.

audio compression matlab code

hello.
iam giving a suggestion to the respected problem that is r u able to implement fft by matlab it is easy taken as audio samples calculate it but in this there is sin terms are there u have to avoid that terms .u dont loss any thing becoz max information in cos terms so that term u imlement using matlab.
if the answer is not satis fied go to mathworks see how implents on dct

audio compression using matlab

**broken link removed**

check this out. it may help u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back