Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with post layout extraction beside the caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlxsae

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Post layout extraction

I'm not that experienced with post layout extraction but we have the cadence tools available and I want to see what they are capable to. I want to do a post layout extraction but beside the caps, I also want to extract the resistors (routing / gate / ...). This is where I got stuck. I have the possibility to extract tha caps and the poly routing resistors (important when you work with current mirrors) but not for metal routing. Is there a way to get this extraction? Dracula, Diva, Virtuoso???

Thank you!
S. 8)

I am not sure about cadence tools.
But for Star-RCXT you can select what (R, C or both) to extract, and which layer to extract.

Re: Post layout extraction

It depends on your rule file support R/C extraction or not.
In DIVA, if you has rule file that support R/C extraction, you can extract R/C by setting switches in Extractor windows (click Set Switches and select resistor option). There will be a presistor and pcapacitor component in your extracted view.
In DRAC is the same, you have to run DRAC with R/C extraction supported rule. After running, there will be a netlist file contaioning R/C parasitic in the running directory.
If you don't have supported rule file, you can write the rule file by yourself but it needs lots of experience skill, time and also foundry parameter to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back