Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with designing a 3x3 cm antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

unine

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3cm^2 antenna?

hello,

i'm in charge of designing an antenna with the dimensions 3x3cm.
i know you will tell me that it is absolutely impossible to build up an effective antenna with this size. but i'm not looking for the best gain, it should just be for demonstration.

does anybody have a good idea for a design? i tested a patch antenna with slots and short-circuit pins. the simulation (with @ds) was not too bad, but the fabricated antenna does not work as expected :(

thank you in advance!!

3cm^2 antenna?

Coul'd you give more details as working freq. Kind of antenna etc.
And wath are your target: perhaps the VSWR? or the difference between simulated and observed?

Re: 3cm^2 antenna?

The frequency is absloutely esaantial !!

Then the application aimed is also a major element in the design of an antenna. (radiation pattern omni-directional or not, bandwith expected)...

Sorry about the missing informations: :oops:

Frequency: 868MHz.
The bandwidth should be around 10-15MHz (more is always better).

The antenna should have a complete ground plane on the bottom side (-> p@tch antenna) and I would prefer a coaxial feed.

3cm^2 antenna?

May be not so difficult.
as you certaintly know the GPS receiving antenna are just few mm smaller than 30x30 mm, and they working at a frequency not too far (1 octave higher).
The ceramic patch GPS antenna are also coaxial fed.
Also the BW% is not too large, 15/868 = 1.7%.
I think that with the appropriate, but not difficult to find, dielectric costant material, you may build your patch antenna.

@sergio mariotti:

Thank you for the hints.
I will look for some more informations about the ceramic p@tch GPS antennas.

If someone has an interessting article about this topic -> Please let me know.

Thanks a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back