Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me to build a DIY antenna that boosts wireless Internet reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalus

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to have a go building an antenna to try and boost my wireless internet reception, as i cant find anyone selling them at a reasonable price. The included one is a 3400-3600 Mhz 5dbi gain patch, but im hoping to put something together that has a better gain.

Are there any software packages for designing antennas that would be useful for a novice like me? Does anyone know where i might be able to find the design for such an antenna?

I have been looking around for info on this, but all i seem to come up with on the DIY side of things are 2400 Mhz wifi yagi antennas. can someone recommend a book that would help me modifying one of these designs?

Please excuse my ignorance on all this, i only normally deal with digital electronics, so im a bit out of my depth here.

Re: diy antenna

The easiest one would be a parabolic reflector with your described antenna at the focus pointed towards the reflector.

Re: diy antenna

microstrip antenna maybe achieve your goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back