Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me select an output buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yihsiu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
could someone can tell me what kind of output buffer is working on

1. 13v~-13v
2. 2 input 1 output
3. can work around 0~80MHZ

thank very much

Re: output buffer?

I think that you can design it because you know specifications for output voltage and current, and maybe you can find some digital gates for this but +/-13 volts is a bit high for standard digital gates.

output buffer?

I think the type of output stage, depends on the output resistance, capacitor and swing requirement. You can try ClassAB output

Yihsiu,
It's not clear from your post whether you are looking for a single buffer that sums two inputs, or an analog switch that provides the input to a buffer. In any case, the Elantec EL2005 provides the bandwidth and voltage range that you need. I don't know of an analog mux that provides the high voltage and wide bandwith that you need. You could implement the switches using descrete FETs. The biggest problem will be with feed through (signal leaking thru the off capacitance of the switch). This can be mitigated by using a series-shunt arrangement where the unused input is shorted to ground. Also, board layout is very critical at these frequencies.
Regards,
Jon

Agree with kral. You can simply use a commercial buffer amp with an analog switch for this case.
Analog device provide many kind of switches can meet your requirement such as ADGxxx series devices.

Regards,

Wenye

Status
Not open for further replies.