Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me fix Marantz AV9000 as it won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffshort2000

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have an Marantz AV9000 that just stopped turning on. Has anyone a clue on what may be the problem or link for a service manual? I have checked the easy stuff so far, fuse is good.. etc.

Thanks,
Jeff

marantz av9000 fuse

Dear Jeff ,
You have not mentioned to what level you have checked the power supply.
By the way i don't have the diagram but I have repaired hundreds of such things without schematic.For schematic you can try www.eserviceinfo.com.
Prash.

marantz av 9000

Thanks for the response,
I have checked the fuse and it is good. I have checked the power to the switch and transformer and it looks ok. I have 24V out of the power supply board, but the + and - 5v and 12V are gone. When i turn it on there is no relay click. I am not sure where to start, the remote circuit or the power supply.

Thanks,
Jeff

marantz av 9000 manual

I looked for a few hours. Look what I found for you. Hope it helps:D

marantz av9000 service manual

I've been looking for this as well. For a few days that is. May I ask where you found it ?

marantz av-9000

I get alot of them from ShareFX

marantz avr 9000

Some notes to help you... a schematic is not really required to fix 99.9% of AV9000 repairs.

Basically, the AV9000 is hard on it's filter capacitors in the power supply... replace ALL the electrolytic capacitors in the secondary side (there are a LOT of 'em!) with good-quality 105-Degree capacitors and this will usually bring an AV9000 back to life (and it will usually sound dramatically better too).

Finally, where possible, position (bend) the capacitors away from the heat-sinks so that their ambient temperature is not raised unnecessarily in normal operation.

Regards,
Lance

av9000 power supply

Here is the Service Manual
WinRar FILE 5 PARTS total

marantz av 9000 kaufen

parts 3 and 4 and 5

marantz av9000 schematic

This is resurrecting an old thread. I have a Marantz AV9000 that also quit working--no power at all. I discovered that one of the soldered-in fuses on the transformer board had been sacrificed. Pull the transformer and its board from the chassis, and check for continutiy across all of the Wickman fuses (two round TR5's and 4 rectangular) on the transformer board. If you don't have continuity, then bridge or replace that fuse to see if this solves the problem. The fuses can be sourced from Mouser.com if replacements are needed.

av9000 28

Seems like this is my problem too!!

On the trafo board there are six fuses:

FB51 -> 2A
FB52 -> 2A
FB53 -> 1,6A
FB54 -> 1,6A
FB58 -> 500mA
FB55 -> 500mA

FB54, FB58 & FB55 are broken!

I'll hope this is helpfull information

marantz av 9000

Many thanks for posting of the service manual. My AV9000 also died. The first time is was the FB51 and FB52 fuses. I replaced them and it worked for 3 weeks before they blew again. I replaced them a second time and the unit worked for 3 days. Just yesterday, I recapped the regulated power supply (yep, all 26 electrolytic caps were replaced with 105c rated caps).

This lasted for 3 hours before the fuses blew again. I'm out of obvious things to try.

On the plus side, the sound was improved while it worked after being re-capped. The noise floor had dropped considerably if you pressed your ear to the speaker.

Any suggestions?

Re: Marantz AV9000

Hi,

I've the exact same problem with mine :-(

I first find the issue by myself and replaced the burned fuses, it has worked for 3 months (lucky me).

Then the blow again.

I sent it to Marantz Swiss to repair it, it worked 1 month.... they repaired it again and it worked 6 months...

Tonight I've open it again, and just found they have simply replaced the fuses with straps ARGH ! f... Marantz.

Now I've no idea if it's totally broken or if it's just the PSU that's dead.

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back