Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me build a RF Attenuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

yugamart

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i had wondering, does anyone has article or tutorial how to build RF Attenuator?

cause i had seen the phisic of this attenuator.
Material inside of this attenuator, its just a carbon.. :?:

could anyone can find how they calculated it?

thanks

Re: Fix RF Attenuator

Hi What do you need to know ?. And yes its only resistors inside in a pi network.

Paul.

Fix RF Attenuator

Source/Load 50 Ohms,with a PI resistor network,just do some calculations by hand.

I 'm just wondering how they can made it, thats all.

When i was open this RF attenuator thats a lot of carbon and covered all brass of connector....:?:

How many carbon they must put into it?

The scale of this RF attenuator its about 12x12x12 cm³.
Conn. N (M) to N (M).

Hi, Normally they use a ceremic substrate and put a layer of carbon on it. Later they use a laser to tune the resistance to the correct value. (remove a bit from the side).
The ceremic substate is mounted on metal to get rid of the heat produced by using it for high power RF. Fo low freq. < 150 MHz you can make one yourself with resistors. above this frequency you have to use special resistors with almost no inductance.

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back