Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in stepper motor calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

anasfuad33eng

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,all can any one give me site for book or tutorial of how to calculate number of pulses and duration of delay to rotate stepper motor in particular angles

my friend it is important to read about microstepping if you need to master stepper motors

anyway if you just want to rotate a stepper motor normally around 200step per rovoultion , read the rated RPM and make delay that makes this possible ,

usually most stepper are in the 100-200rpm range , SO lets take at 120 rpm as a guess : then it rotates 2 times per second , each rotation is 200 step , then 100 step per second , and divide 1/100 = 10ms . Use 10ms delay and i think it will work , then start deceasing until the motor starts slipping and losing steps . this is the easiest way . unless you want to measure inductance by RLC meter and have full datasheet from manufacutre

hope that helps , good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back