Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for PIC18F452 project needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

noman4ever

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help for PIC project!!!!

i have to do a semester project on PIC18F452!!! any one have any ideas what could be done wid this controller???? any suggestion is welcome!!! also i am looking to implement zig bee application using PIC!!! so any one wid an idea wat kind of application should be done??????

use MikroC IDE and compiler from mikroelectronica, demo version is available for free to download, its simple and easy and the help documents really will help you.

From blinking a LED to controlling a plant on industrial field bus could be done from this controller. It is up to you in the sense that
1. how big project can you handle
2. how much time do you have
3. which resources are available at your disposal
4. what is you budget
5. etc, etc

But my advice would be to pick up that project which you think you can handle. Dont try to be a hero (especially if this is you first project).

For a start think about the following project.
A digital temperature controller in which temperature sensing is done by a digital temperature sensor like LM35 and controlling is done by fan (it could be on/off or PWM controlled). And if you have time and resources then you can also add user interfaces of keypad and LCD.

Plus as stated earlier in this thread, if you are using MikroC, then using its built in functions you can quiet easily accomplish your task.

i have to do a semester project on PIC18F452!!! any one have any ideas what could be done wid this controller????

As khansaab21 said, don't waste your time and money if you are new to PIC. You had better select simple projects from above shown links...

Good luck wish you success

" Happy to help "

Hello noman4ever,

There are no limits on what can be done with PIC microcontrollers.
You can find examples of applications and some ideas for educational projects that are based on PIC microcontroller following this link: PIC microcontroller tutorial.

Take a look at one of the projects: "Controlled Residential Smoke/Fire Detector System". It was done using EDUPIC microcontroller board

Good luck,

Microcontroller Board team,
PIC microcontroller board, PIC microcontroller projects, and PIC microcontroller tutorials

Check this out:

There I posted a thermometer using PIC18F452 with source code, hex file and circuit diagram.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.