Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for decision in career in VLSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshmane

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends i have done B.E in E.C in 2010 now working as lecturer but i want to enter in industry so which course in VLSI i should do....

VHDL or on verlog or on system verilog.....
which course wud give me gud job

Hi dude,

I suggest you to take up a PG Diploma course in the domain you are interested...Here are some options

Logic Design -- Verification Engineer -- Best bet for a fresher to get into VLSI industry -- proficiency in C, Verilog/Vhdl, Digital Design(FSM design concepts) -- recommended-- System Verilog, Tcl/perl

Physical Design -- proficiency in CMOS, strong STA and Scripting knowledge, very good understanding of complete ASIC design flow -- recommended -- any one of ASIC tool exposure

There several institutes like vedanta,TTM,VedaIIT,Shastra MIcro Systems which provide excellent training facilities

All the best for your future endeavors

You might need to first decide on what exactly you want to do in VLSI..
Saying VLSI is very broad.
Decide on what area you want to work on, then think about courses.

wat about Maven in banglore is it good or not..
as i am fresher i shud go for verification ( frontend) in VLSI ...

Mavens curriculum looks good....But to make an informed decision always speak to someone who took a course there..
The centers which I have mentioned in my post, I know some of my friends who attended there and I am posting from their experience

now i got reply from sandeepani and maven both now wich 1 i shud prefer...???

Status
Not open for further replies.