Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: Complex_Mag_E and Mag_E

Status
Not open for further replies.

huiyuzz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss mag_e complexmag_e

Can anyone using HFSS tell me what is the differences between complex magnitue E and magnitude E found in the "plot fields" ?

from the online help, i can onli figure out complexMag_E plots |E|(x,y,z) and Mag_E plots |E|(x,y,z,t), but i dun realli understand...As i dun seem to find my ComplexMag_E follows the same shape as ComplexMag_H for my plane wave model if i'm only interested at the fields at a particular instant.

pls advise.
Thanz

mag_e complexmag_e

I have been confused by them. I only kown one is Csl and the other is scalar........

Mag_E plot |E|(x,y,z,t) is just an amplitude of E-field at certain time. So, you can do phase-animation for this case.

ComplexMag_E plots |E|(x,y,z) is a result of complex multiplication of conjugated values [EE*]
Hence, we have the MAXIMUM AMLITUDE of E-field in each point and this value is phase undependent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back