Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help build a powersupply

Status
Not open for further replies.

misel019

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, im newbe in the world of uc. my group leader command me to convert a power supply 48V to 12V 1A (with uc3844) by using any of microcontroller. means i cant use uc3844 i need to use any micro controller.

i usally work with uc by 5V circuit i dont know anything about SMPS.

how can i convert that circuit any suggestion..

_Misel

it is neccessary to use a uC? you can always use the SMPS available in the market :)

yes necessary its an assignment for me to do with uc.

Are you want to convert dc 48v to dc 12v and are yoy using transformer,

If you are using a transformer no need to use a micro controller, include the rt and ct circuit to give pwm by a mosfet.

otherwise you can use LM2576HVT-12 ic directly, it is very simple construction and supports upto 3A.

regards
Sreekanth

Read the datasheet of uc3844, get to know how it works, its an AC/DC and DC/DC converter. Mostlikely you just need to input PWM pulse to it :)

yes 48V DC is the input side and i need to use a current transformer and IRF740 i need to give pulse on IRF and using RT/CT i nedd to perform PWM in that portion im im in big problem to set duty cycle of PWM changing

thanks for the reply trying on that

Status
Not open for further replies.