Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

helix antenna design problem in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdullah_nauroze

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody, I am new at helix antenna. I have been trying to make a helix antenna for 4GHz frequency. I have made the quater-wave transformer by "txline" software. with that i got the width of the stripline to be 16.6 mm. The helix has to be spaced 7.5mm above the ground as lambda=75mm and the resistance is 84 ohms(assuming the helix is 140 ohms). I am having a problem with matching the source (connected through coaxial line of inner dia =0.2mm and outer dia=0.45mm) to the helix antenna.

I want to verify if the stripline is 84 ohms by replacing the antenna by a strip of 140ohms and source with 50 ohms. Now I have the following problems:

¤ how can i make this replacement i.e how can i assure that the strip is 140 ohms
¤ does the length of the coaxial matter? i tried varying it but it doesn't help much

Please help me.......... i am desperate

J. Kraus, "Antennas" has an extensive section on various spirals. Corzine and Mosko has additional information. Start with Kraus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back