Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HDMI to Parallel RGB conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kattsi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I am currently working on an Infotainment System for an electrical scooter. The problem that I am facing these days is the conversion from HDMI signal to parallel RGB, in order to display some information in the TFT Display. Does anybody know if there is a suitable IC converter from HDMI to RGB Parallel Interface? I have read some of Texas Instruments' datasheet but it seems like none of the ICs is the right one for the application.
Every answer would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

The TI TFP401A chip apparently does that conversion, but it does not appear to be simple to use.
Can you use a module, such as one of these HDMI to Component converters?
Of course you apparently would then have to convert the Component to RGB, such as this.

Last edited:

Hi,

or look for "HDMI LCD controller board"

I´m not sure what exactly you are looking for, and what features / specifications it needs to have.

Klaus

Thanks a lot for your answers! I made some extend research, and I found out another chip that seems to be right for the conversion, AD9393 from Analog Devices. I will check the datasheet out for more details..

Yes of course, it is easy to mount it on the pcb, with some fluid flux and a soldering air station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back