Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hardware I2C or Soft I2C ? which is better and accurate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have been confused to make my circuit small i was thinking to use PIC16F628A or PIC16F72 to make digital clock. But later on i found that thise PIC's dont have Hardware I2C, so now i have to use I2C Soft function as given in mikroc. But m confused which one is better and accurate ?

definately hardware i2c would be much reliable and atleast easy to use ... but u can use soft i2C also . if you have the library its OK to use it

Hello,

I have been confused to make my circuit small i was thinking to use PIC16F628A or PIC16F72 to make digital clock. But later on i found that thise PIC's dont have Hardware I2C, so now i have to use I2C Soft function as given in mikroc. But m confused which one is better and accurate ?

There's no problem with using software I2C since the library functions provided by mikroC are generally quite reliable. And since your chosen PICs don't have hardware I2C, you have no choice but to use software I2C (provided you aren't going to switch controllers).

But m confused which one is better and accurate ?
Well, regarding your particular application, if you are Ok with these PIC16f628A or PIC16F72 you can use them with mikroC's Soft-I2C Library...
Accuracy in this case epends on the I2C-RTC IC, which you don't have to worry about...

Best Regards,
waqas

Status
Not open for further replies.