Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Half Bridge Sign Wave Power Inverter Using 555 and LM1458

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcmsat13

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Edaboard engineers, I need help here! There is this Sine Wave Inverter circuit I am working on. I did not originate the circuit but instead with my own EDA software I redrawn it in a new way and better layout for easy understanding and I also corrected some mistakes in the the original circuit but still, I couldn't get it to work!
I get high frequency but it actually oscillated and produced output at very high frequency that gets the mosfets hot without a load! I don't want to just dump this circuit without showing you, my seniors in electronics project, the problem I am facing, to know if there is something you can do for it to work. If this circuit works I think it will be better than SG3524 circuit which I use in my current designs.

The circuit was design by one poster at some forum. The poster did not follow up the post to some extent where the thread died out. But I still believe that some senior designers here will point out some issues or correct some flaws in the design.

This is the picture of the original diagram.

555 Half Bridge Signwave Power Inverter 2.png

Then the picture below is my own redrawn circuit.

Pure Sine Wave Inverter.jpg

Please examine this circuit and see if you can detect things that are wrong. I don't know if this circuit is originally correct.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

The original looks correct although I would have used a better frequency reference. Your version has a different supply circuit and I'm not sure it will work properly, especially around the drive levels to the IR2110. Incidentally, you have the symbols for the voltage regulators wrong, the ones you have used look like they are intended for TL431 regulators, not 78xx series ones.

Brian.

Have you tried swopping over the AC output transformer feeds back to the comparator? If the phase is wrong instead of cutting off the PWM it will increase it. I note you have a diode in this feedback path that was not in the original.
Frank

Thanks Betwixt, well the only thing I changed in the original is putting diode, 1N4007 before R19 440K from ac line into inverting input U6a and in the original circuit there was fatal error, connecting 8v positive rail to the Vss of IR2110! I also corrected that and that's all. The original owner of the circuit admitted the latter error when he was still following his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back