Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

guide me with drilling machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfarhan1

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
emc2 +excellon

hi all
i am looking for a drilling machine which could drill very small vias abaout 0.1mm, which is precisely controlled by computer and it takes excellon file as input.
in other words cheap CNC machine can any one suggest me any machine and estimate cost of it
thanks in advance

hello dear,
try it through MAKKAYS Islamabad or hall road(Lahore).

brother i am in UK and i need CNC machine not hand drilling do you have any idea!! cheers

there is a related discussion over here:

Mr.Cool

mfarhan , do you need 3 axis motion control or just z will be fine ?

If trying to make your own - you have to find precision spindle or make your own. If you try to make your own you have to look for precision bearing for spindle. I dont know whether you can use something like dremel, i think their spindle bearing are not good for 100 micron hole making.
Anyway you can study drill bit manufacturer documentation for spindle requirements .

Z axis control can be done using ball screw with stepper or servo motors. PC control soft such as MACH3 or turbocnc or EMC2 (the last is free and rest are low priced) can supply control your axis through parallel port.

For pricing just for z axis (usd):
let say made in Chine stepper - 30 - 40 ,
controller (good one) 100 -150 ,
ballscrew (may be zero backlash ) with support bearings and motor coupler - > 300 ,
mechanical job (that is country dependent),
linear bearing fo z -axis - 30-50
spindle precision bearing - ?
high speed spindle motor - ?

Check cnczone.com site for more info . There you can find links to even cheaper premade alternatives in ebay . I guess the toughest (most expensive) point is spindle .

example ..in this link **broken link removed** ther's a mill/drill cnc with min drill hole of 13mils (you need 4mils) , but Z axis made with solenoid (non stepper)
the resolution of x-y is 0,25mils(0,62cent/mm) good.
now i don't know if for your requirement (4mils) speed spindle must be highter but think you MUST have 50.000RPM min and a microstepper on Zaxis.

Status
Not open for further replies.