Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM transreceiver Link budget calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash1412

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to know how to calculate the GSM transreceiver (Component level) link budget?

Regards
Ashwani

Use Excel Spreadsheets. There are a few of them avaliable for free on internet...

Thanks for ur reply.

The xls sheets are available on internet calculate UL & DL link budget between MS and BTS. We are designing GSM repeater, so we need to calculate the link budget at component level i.e receive chain and transmit chain.

rds
Ashwani

Ashwani

the link budget you are looking for is very specific of your implementation and there is no general way to do it.

You can take a look at Qizheng Gu book, it's really detailed and cover all the system design of modern transceivers. It is based on a direct conversion CDMA design developped at Nokia, but you can easily translate it for your system.

There are also spreadsheet covering exactly what you are looking for.

I hope it can help.

Mazz

Hi Mazz,

Thanks for ur reply.
Could u provide me Qizheng Gu book/ spreadsheet link. I am unable to find these on internet.

Thanks in Advance
Ashwani

I don't have it as e-book.

Try at Gigapedia.

Mazz

Thanks Mazz.

rds
Ashwani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com