Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM TDMA noise in electret's signal connected to Atmel A2D input

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRAPman

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I am working on one of my project embedding GSM module (SIM900). The dimension specs are very strict and everything is soldered on 2-layer PCB (dimension are only arround: 4.5x4.0 cm). My design also includes 2 electret microphones (2-pins mode like this: shematic). With one I would like to measure noise level in a room, so I amplify my electret's signal using external amplifier and connected its output to my ADC input on my MCU. I have done this using single-ended ADC, but I was getting huge noise spices coming from EMI radiation of near GSM module and antenna (no, I can not move the antenna nor the module more then a few cm away): spikes are from TDMA signal, generating 217 Hz noise. Then, I decided to go on differential inputs on my ATmega128A(ADC0 and ADC1, gain:200x), but now I do not know how to (phantom-)power my electret. I already have 1 electret connected to SIM900 module on pins MIC_P and MIC_N with GSM TDMA supressing capacitors on signal lines (which works great!) and now I like to duplicate a design like this on my ADC inputs on my Atmel. How can I do it? What would be best solution, i.e. best performance with low cost?
Thank you for any of your advises in advance!
Regards

Single-eded ADC GSM TDMA noise problem
How should I like to have my electret differentially connected to MCU

I assume, that the RF interferences can be suppressed with a combination of filter capacitors and series resistors or GHz ferrite beads.

Status
Not open for further replies.