Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gsm COMMUNICATION HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

roosnam

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Thanks for your answer. I hope you 'll help me with this problem.

As in diagram i have to control CB(circuit breaker nothing but a switch) i can design CB status finding circuit which sends +5v to next stage when CB turn on but please help me with designing of GSM communication circuit which sends the th BLOCK_own.JPGe status of CB via SMS to master control station. At the same time if master station sends sms to this mobile it should turn on the CB or turn off the CB.

Help me with this

Sending message can be done by GSM modem. i wiould explain how it can be done if you plan to use GSM modem

Thanks,
i know only very basic about GSM communication and i am good at Electriacl concepts only hence, i wanna start from beginning so say what is mean by GSM modem is it equalent to mobile phone?

GSM modem is a small but very intelligent device used in every cell phone. This device is the heart of cell phone.
This is responsible for all the phone related features in mobile like call, sms, network, roaming, gprs etc etc.

In commercial use we can interface mobile phone to any controller and make call or send or get sms and play with stuff like that.
but we also get GSM modem in the market which are a duplicate of the modem of mobile and is a real 100% substitute of mobile. Using this modem we can do all functions that our mobile will do.
But these modem also needs a SIM card like our phones.
GSM modem interacts with micro controller through serial communication.
and the language used between then is called "AT" commands. AT stands for attention commands

Thanks
Let me know the cost of GSM bcs in INDIA cost of mobile phone is come around 800 INR so is GSM modem less than that rate? is it looks like it (https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/52_1292087015.jpg)
How can i interface it with miocro controller is there any interface is needed and could you suggest some model of GSM and mc

starts from 4500k may get for less. we dont talk of these modems in your picture.
you can visit sunrom and find the GSM module look and price, you clso get RFID tag reader readily available. just check these.

Sunrom Technologies, Your Source for Development
**broken link removed**

starts from 4500k may get for less. we dont talk of these modems in your picture.
you can visit sunrom and find the GSM module look and price, you clso get RFID tag reader readily available. just check these.

Sunrom Technologies, Your Source for Development
**broken link removed**

Cost is important factor in our project work its better to use mobile phone than this could you please explain that how to interface mobile with computer and with CB

Oh thanks and let me explain we are in need of more than 10 modems as use said we can use GSM modem in Man=ster station which analyse and transmits commands to more than 10 RTU remote units which should be less in cost so can u say how to interface mobile with micro controller it should help me

More than 10 GSM modem and SIM cards toooo. is it affordable or go for zigbee modules.

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:36 ----------

I dont think low cost mobiles gives us the feature of connecting it to controller and work with controller commands.

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Explanation:

1. The master can be a mobile phone.
2. the transmitter and receiver will be GSM modem along with microcontroller interfaced to it.
3. The controller is pre pgrgrammed with the number to whom it will send message, and while receiving it will receive message and validate the sender number and act on the message.
4. The relay is connected to controller and the controller is programmed to monitor the status of the relay. whenever the relay changes the position the controller detects it. and sends message to master.
5. when master sends the message the receiver gets the message validates it and perform the action.

Does it meet your requirement.

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

receiver and transmitter.
1st block is a relay
2nd and 3rd block is replaced by a controller.
4th block is replaced with a GSM modem.

You are absolutely correct... But i have a doubt cant we interface mobile to micro controller if so i can get more marks by reducing cost of my project which increases the feasibility of my idea.

Thanks for your help. In last 2 days i tried a lot to interface mobile with micro controller(mc) yet i could not find any useful implementable circuit So please could you guide me how to interface mobile with mc.

Thanks but here i want to know for Human Machine Interface and GSM which of the following technology is most preferrable 1)PLC 2)Embedded system

See both are different school of thoughts. it can be done in both methods. I am not much aware of PLC except theoritical knowledge. controllers are best option as they are easy to program .

Ya i am going to join Embedded course for 9000 INR so could you please send some basic materials for micro controller programming

sure

you are joining 8 bit course. then refer muhammed ali mazidi book.
visit 6952.com where they have complete tutorials. if you give your email id i will send some docs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.