Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gps tracking through google mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twity

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to track gps with google map ?

Is there any s/w required like VB? or it can be done with use of android apps provided in mobile phones????????????

gps is itself a tracking system which tells your exact position you dont have to track it any where

based on the platform you are using google maps the need of s/w arises

for tabs and mobiles the apps are self sufficient

Actually I think Twity is asking about to represent that GPS data on some software or application like Visual Basic or through Android Applications etc..
& I also like to know the same that if we have the data of GPS then can we represent it through such software (just for graphical representation)?
& if yes then how? & which is the better way to do it? & with which software / Application / Programming Language ?

Get real gps software for your mobile device, dont play or maybe you will finish in some wrong turn into lake.

My friend I use SGS2 and now SGS3, its of course Android, and this is better then some dedicated navigation for expensive money. Just put right software and right detailed maps and drive...

:wink:

the fact is the software platform is a pricy option you may take it if you really want it

I now want to do it by software .
Actually in my project I want to track object which contain GPS module. So through VB it is possible but HOW?????
And how to add VB application in Keil?
That means I want to receive data from GPS and give it to microcontroller .
So is it possible to do work in both and HOW?

which controller you are using ?
Which version of VB you are familiar with? VB.NET, VB 6.... ???
Do you've 2 controller separate for receiving & transmitting or the same ?(doesn't make much difference but just ask to clear)

There is projects like GPS logger and this is not problem later to visualize thise logged data on some screen on Google maps.

Do you need realtime monitoring or can be visualization of logged data ?

gps2.jpg GPS_logger_schema.png GPS_track1.jpg VB.jpg

VB software is inside.

Attachments

• !!! GPS Logger.rar
    2 MB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Last edited:
awesome one peter

had a great help from the post

the design looks really handy is it really as small as in the pic

Yes, yes, can be even smaller, see this :

Nano GPS Logger

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

GPS Receivers Now Small Enough to Attach to Almost Anything
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

GPS to SD card data logger and compass with Nokia 3310 LCD
http://users.atw.hu/ktulu/GPS Logger.html

rajz.JPG

image13.JPG

track2.JPG

;-)

Last edited:
I have only one controller P89V51RD2, and through receiver pin of controller GPS data can be received.
And through transmiting pin of controller data can be transmitted with help of GSM.

Above is basic idea of my project on which I am working. Yet I have not started any hardware work but only gathered information.
And jigar for electronics, I am familiar with VB 6

thank u.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much tpetar.
attached file is very help ful.
If I will have any query in near future I will contact you.

Again thank you so much for providing me path on which I can go ahead..........

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.