Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS tracker - google maps offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4321

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to ask for any resources for the implementation of GPS tracker with google Maps offline.

Is it possible to download the google Maps ? if yes how to download it and what is the format ?

Solution
I would like to ask for any resources for the implementation of GPS tracker with google Maps offline.

Is it possible to download the google Maps ? if yes how to download it and what is the format ?
Hi, do you want to make something like this?

Hi, do you want to make something like this?

Solution
Hello!

Sounds like there are 2 different issues.

I made a bicycle GPS logger some time ago. As there was an SD card, I could record KML files directly.
You may be interested in having a look at: https://docs.fileformat.com/gis/kml/

So apparently you don't want to implement only the tracker but also display google maps that you have
downloaded, right? That's certainly possible. There is an application allowing you to store data in you phone when you go to a region of the world without a proper SIM card, or if you want to save on your communication bill. You just download the country you want to go to and then you can access it when you are in that country, without having a realtime access.
That said, I haven't used it for a while. I just had a look at the net:
I have never used it but I have used something similar on iPhone.
That said, I'm not sure if it's an open format. If not, there are probably open source alternatives.

Dora.

Status
Not open for further replies.