Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS NMEA 0183 sentence order

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneft

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know if the GPS NMEA 0183 covers sentence order? In other words is the sentence order (GGA,GSA,RMC, etc.) output in a consistent order from each GPS IC manufacturer? I'm writing a program to parse data from each sentence but I need to make sure the samples are all from the same pulse.

Thanks,
Wayne

As far as i know , NMEA 0183 is standard . And all manufacturer follow it.

The NMEA 0183 messages are standard. GPS manufacturers which adhere to the standard all have the same sentence structure and order. Some manufacturers however will have a proprietary string format, which may or may not be different than NMEA 0183. If the sentence is a GGA or GPL or one of the NMEA strings, it is standard across all manufacturers.

NMEA data

reading gps data

**broken link removed**...

As far as i know , NMEA 0183 is standard . And all manufacturer follow it. sahin5002
Its not mandatory that all GPS should follow NMEA protocol,, in most of the European countries and other countries they follow SIRF data protocol..

NMEA is nothing but a serial communication data standard set for GPS communication

Status
Not open for further replies.