Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPS L1 Receiver Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedalboshra

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a GPS L1 band Direct RF sampling receiver and the front-end goes like this :
(passive antenna + LNA(25dB) + GBA + jumper + BPF(L1) + GBA(23dB) + GBA(23dB) + VGA(-13.5 to +18 Gain Control in 0.5 dB Steps) )
supplied with a +5 V power with decoupling capacitors and a circuit switch after each component to view the signal.
I printed the circuit PCB but when it comes to testing I keep seeing this noise peak through the RF line test points just by turning ON the power supply +5V without any RF input signal ( L1 test signal ).
But when I remove the jumper this noise disappear. I have no idea what's going on and I am thinking there is a feedback noise from the amplification but I still don't know what to do with it.
I have tried different solutions and one of them is adding more decoupling capacitors and still did not work.
if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back