Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPRS Data Transmission ASIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan1020

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am looking forward to develop a device which could send some particular information (RFID serial no of RFID tag) via GPRS to a server whose IP is fixed. I know this is possible using any available GSM Module. I want the device to be built in bulk (around 1000 at least for now). The price of one GSM Module alone costs at least 15 US$. I want the whole device to cost way less than this.

So is it possible to use an Application Specific IC which could do the work of sending information to a particular IP Address with the help of other external components (antenna, MCU, Power, etc). Can I get it designed somewhere and than have it manufactured in bulk at cheaper costs.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back