Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting started making a stripboard with a microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

fietspomp

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make a stripboard for my project, the idea of which is the following. A box with 12 cubes of styrofoam are moved up and down in preprogrammed fashion, the movement will be realized by a pinball like mechanic. The styrofoamblocks will put on metal rods with a metal plate at the end, which go through a flat piece of plastic fixed in a box to keep it stable. beneath the metal plate will be an electromagnet which will pull the block down once activated, it is kept up when the magnet is off by a spring attached to the metal rods, the spring rests on the plastic.

To turn on the the magnets in a programmed fashioned, I would like to use a pic microcontroller and 12 transitors fitted on a stripboard. Since I am fairly new to this, I was wondering what kinds of make to buy and where to buy it from. I know I'll need some stripboard, probably a breadboard to try some stuff out, a PIC compiler and some transistors and wire off course. Any help/advice would be greatly appriciated.

Fietspomp

EDIT: On second thought, making a PCB, as stated in my original post, might be a bit much, I'll stick with a strip/breadboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back