Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting 65A off a PCB to another PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to suggest Anderson Power Poles as well - they are available up to 175A at one local electronics supplier near by. My amateur radio club has produced a DC power distribution board that uses these for up to 30A (with inline fuses) and use a large gauge wire to solder onto the circuit board.
These have a flat connector surface.
Susan

Anderson plugs are well established and have been pretty much the universal standard for very high current pluggable battery connectors.
The only problem with using them to connect onto a circuit board is sheer physical size, which makes them impractical.

Thy are otherwise excellent connectors.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Trees, have you figured out how you will design the 65A transformer yet and what topology you will use.

I would think you have to use copper foil. Duty cycle would seem to be a problem also with 4V and higher turns per volt common.

Any details you can share, this sounds like a tough transformer design.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back