Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gerber files, insulation engraving, HPGL, milling machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rostfrei

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hpgl to gerber

Hello!

I want to build my own milling machine.

I discovered that gerber files describes the lines and pads their thicknes and size etc. used by the device called photoplot.

But the milling machine have to mill all around the line to mill out the line in "pool" of copper. That proces is called "insulation engraving". Do you know any software that would calculate the "insulation engraving" cutting paths from gerber file and convert it to HPGL file? This files are meant to be used by ploters and would be idealy suited for conversion to the milling machine format. The milling machine is in the way a "ploter" which mills.

The bigest obsticle I see is in generating "insulation engraving" paths from gerber or any other file to HPGL. Can Pr*tel do that? Does Pr*tel have option to export PCB design to HPGL "insulation engraving paths" format?

I already got specifications for RS274X gerber format from you guys. I need a HPGL format specification too. If you have it, please upload it.

Thank you for all your help in advance!

Regards,

convert gerber to hpgl format

hi .. search for e.g circuitcam or cam350.. it can do what yourequested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back