Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating 3 layer structure in ADS layout using MSUBST3 component in schematic wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdai

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using ADS momentum to simulate a 3-layer structure. My structure is periodic which has 64 cells so fabricating it in layout window is really a big pain. I use ADS schematic to generate the structure and then transfer it to the layout window by layout option in schematic window. This method is really easy as long as it is just about the first layer but I do not know how to generate my second and third layer in schematic window. I tried to use MSUBST3 in schematic window but nothing happens. Did any body used the MSUBST3 in schematic to generate the 3 layer structure in ADS layout window?
I could not find any thing beneficial in ADS help for this component.

Tnx

Have you seen the notes for this substrate type?

Notes/Equations
MSUBST3 is required for MRINDSBR and MRINDELM components. MSUBST3 is not intended for components using a single metal layer. MSUBST3 is intended for MRINDSBR and MRINDELM only and will generate errors if used with other components.

- - - Updated - - -

My structure is periodic which has 64 cells so fabricating it in layout window is really a big pain.

Hierachical design can be useful, so that you create one basic cell ("A") and then place it 4x into a larger group ("4xA") and then place that group 4x into a larger group ("4x4xA") and then place that group 4x into a the final group ("4x4x4xA").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back