Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gate-Oxid capaciteance .13um²

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry456

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the typical gate-oxid capactiance in a .13 um² technology like IBM's cmrf8sf? (in akkumulation with vg > vt)

Typical Cox is proportional to insulator permittivity (11.7e_0 for SiO_2) divide by its thickness (tox) which is different for various processes and devices.
tox is given in process documentation.

The oxide capacitance is actually available in the documents as far as I remember, and if I remember correctly it should be about 10 fF/um2 for thin oxide and about 5 for thick oxide devices. You better double check though.

But a few notes:
1- These numbers do not include anything else but the active area. So your total cap density is going to be lower.
2- Don't trust these numbers, they're just there to give you an idea. Process causes them to vary drastically. You better just run a simulation for measuring the capacitance.

Edit: I think the numbers I remember are for the cap in inversion. I'm sorry, apparently I didn't read your question properly. But it should be a similar number at its highest point. Also this made me question, under what bias conditions are you looking for its capacitance?

Status
Not open for further replies.