Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] function of d type latches

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasanth kumar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
as my understanding on d latch, if clk is high, the d input will result in the output. and when clk goes low, the output is latched. and again if the clk goes high, then d input reflects at the output. but in the case of 74ls373 latch ic, when the clk goes low once, the out is latched for ever. even if the clk goes high again, no changes happen in the output. why it is so. how it is designed to function in this way. I have gone through datasheets, googled it. but I didnt get clear. please help.

but in 74ls373, once the latch enable signal goes low, the output is not changing in any case even the clk is fed high again. only way to reset it by reseting the ic completly.

Status
Not open for further replies.