Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free Filter Design Tool capable of 5th order

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoflash

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
5th order LC filter with inf. RL and near zero Rs

Most filter design handbooks are about filters with finite RL and RS. I am just wondering whether there is a cheat sheet to design filters with capacitive load and low impedance driver.

Thanks,
Neo

I am trying to design a 5th order LPF with L-C component. It is singly terminated at source, aka, there is no resistive load.

Looking for a free tool to aid me.

Please recommend. Thanks.

Tried one tool called Filter Lite from NuHertz but it is only up to 3rd order. It is no good.

You can try with the free software FilterPro from Texas Instruments.

You can try with the free software FilterPro from Texas Instruments.

This tool seems to handle active filter only. I didn't see L-C ladder topology options.

Just a remark that, although one tool allow you to instruct it to draw a filter with that higher order and even make simulations, in practice the inherent variance of the discrete components will affect the filter performance as a whole. Therefore, in such cases it is strongly recommended to perform a sensitivity analysis.

Try Qucs or Qucs studio.
It has filter synthesis and other useful tools built in. and can also do the analysis. You will have to model real components though it only synthesises with ideal parts; but what do you expect for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back