Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Format of data transmitted from zigbee to arm7 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raghunadh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good Evening one all,

As i am searching for data on internet, i came to know about this site. Please anyone can help me in clarifying me about this doubt.

I have just completed my B.TECH, some of my friends have designed a system called "voice commands based home automation system" with the help of an institute in hyderbad. So they didnot have a complete information with them. so can anyone help me in understanding this project.

In that they have used a PC with speech recognition software and voice application window designed by using vb.net software with some supported voice commands. As PC will recognize data in digital form, they have alloted a variable or character(X,Y...) to each voice command.

Then to transmit this data to a zigbee module(cc2500 module with rs232 output) in the transmission section they have used a USB to Serial Adapter cable with DB9 port. As from my knowledge, while this data(X,Y...) is transmitted from PC through Serial cable as "1010" with a start bit and stop bit. And the same data is transmitted to another zigbee module in the receiver section wirelessly. Is my analyses regarding to the project is correct or not.

In the ARM7 LPC2148 Microcontroller they have dumped a code with data in the form of variables or characters. When a corresponding a data is given to microcontroller then its works appropriately.

Finally, my doubt is that when we give a serial data is given to Zigbee module in the transmission section and receiver section then how the microcontroller will accept the data in variable or charater form.

Please anyone can help me in understanding this project.

Thanks in Advance.

@tx as pc sends some character to zigbee @ rx zigbee receives and sends to controller ,already the code is written in controller so it works according to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back