Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fonts required for 16X64 dot matrix display

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbizzarow

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi 2 All
i am doing LED matrix project, my matrix board size is 16X64
usually i found 5X7 font size ASCII charecter for led matrix. but in my case i need font like 10X14 or 16X12 table. please share your help.

Regards.

thx again for your another help...... i request you again if u dont have any serious idea regarding this thread please dont reply.
bytw i use some batter search engines... so thank you again.
we are here to help some one and take some mature and serious Suggestions from others....(sory in your case)
I support point systems as it help to moderator to control non serious members in this forums.

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

Download http://www.carousel-design.com/gLCD106x56.zip
from gLCD Page
the file fonts.c has some big fonts, maybe they suite you

Alex
than you alex i will look in to it.

Come on guys, play nice, I have deleted some of the posts - they aren't helpful. No answer is better than an offensive one.

Sorry, I know nothing about creating fonts, other than it sounds tedious and if I could find some in a project I would copy them. That is where I would look - the source code for demo projects such as on Microchip's web site or other microcontrollers.

Keith

Come on guys, play nice, I have deleted some of the posts - they aren't helpful. No answer is better than an offensive one.

Sorry, I know nothing about creating fonts, other than it sounds tedious and if I could find some in a project I would copy them. That is where I would look - the source code for demo projects such as on Microchip's web site or other microcontrollers.

Keith

Thank you Keith for taking your interest :) !!!!
I will play nice as I am playing since 2006 ;)

Regards

thx again for your another help...... i request you again if u dont have any serious idea regarding this thread please dont reply.
really unpolite way to thanks someone who gave you some good hints.

Just for curiosity I made a very simple search on Google with those words: "bitmap font" and magically I got several hits which can help you...
Among the first ones (just in the FIRST page) I got:
AngelCode.com - game development and more...
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
LMNOpc » Bitmap Font Builder

You can study the source code shown there and you will be able to create your fonts with your "custom" format without any trouble.

P.S. I didn't t take care to take a look to the second Google page...

really unpolite way to thanks someone who gave you some good hints.

thx bepobalote for your links i appreciate your help,

some of the post are delated from the moderator, thats why you cant get the clear contex, why i wrote this sentence.

Regards,

Yes, I deleted some posts which has screwed up the context. Just move forwards - don't try to follow the thread!

Keith

Now I understand what it was to me a rather strange sentence!!!
Sorry to have bothered you.

BTW, I have found some references to this program: Pocket MicroTechnics it seems interesting (never used it).

P.S. about 18-20 years ago I needed some custom bitmap fonts and I used Metafont + a program I wrote which converted the generated fonts in a format which I was able to use...

guys!!

i have design my own 16X32 frame and font editor,
pls try and give yr sagestions

Regards

Attachments

• fontdesigner.rar
    8.3 KB · Views: 180
Zasto,

To trim a post I would have to wait until Monday. Some of the forum features are a bit flakey on my mobile browser.

All of your posts needed deleting anyway.

It was drbizzarow's posts that would ideally have been trimmed to prevent confusion.

Move on.

Keith

guys!!

You can dl my application s/w (which I have shared earlier), even you don’t need it.
It will help you to understand my requirements, coz (some peoples googling apposite to my requirement):grin:
b.t.w i have already wrote second version of my s/w with some advance features
i.e.: auto C code generation, bit inversion, setting all leds resting all leds, bitmap loading etc.
you can PM me if anyone want try it.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.