Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First Schematic on Eagle (Problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroEnthusiast

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanted to sketch a circuit diagram, the ic used was icl 7107 for which i didn't get the library file/component on eagle. So, i continued drawing the schematic using a 40 pin DIP package. The problem is the component seems to be too small. I've posted the image, i was unable to clearly draw the circuit diagram. The problem is indicated in the image. Everything gets crammed. Any suggestions to get rid of this? Also, is it possible to change the dimensions of the IC? Thanks in Advance

**broken link removed**

I think the ICL7106 and ICL7107 have the same pinout and the ICL7106 is in the MAXIM library. It has a pin arrangement on the schematic which isn't simply 1,2,3,4 ... so it should help the wiring.

However, you have some obvious problems on your schematic - no junctions. If you are using the NET command to make your connections it will automatically add junctions where necessary. It looks like you have been using WIRE which does not add them. You will have to manually add them otherwise there will be lots of missing connections.

As for the problems of wiring up all the components, space them farther from the IC. You could edit the symbol in the library but I suspect the proper symbol will work better than a 40 pin DIP symbol.

Keith

Thanks, that helped in solving the problem. But, how can i simulate a rig up circuit? Should i use any other tool for this? I think the NETs need to be added at nodes with 3 or more wires meeting. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back