Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FInding SOC of a degraded battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

manishanand14

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone!

In general, the SOC of a battery is defined as the ratio of its current capacity Q(t) to the nominal capacity Qn.

The nominal capacity is given by the manufacturer and represents the maximum amount of charge that can be stored in the battery. The SOC can be defined as follows:

SOC1.png.

Whether a degraded battery is capable of giving 100% SOC ever?

For a 40 Ah rated battery (Qn).Does this Qn remains same for calculating SOC throughout the lifetime of the battery?

Whether a degraded battery is capable of giving 100% SOC ever?

Sulphation degrades performance but there reportedly are remedies that remove sulphation.

I have wondered if replacing the acid in an old battery will restore some amount of lost capacity. I have not heard about experiments to find out, though it seems an easy thing to try.

For a 40 Ah rated battery (Qn).Does this Qn remains same for calculating SOC throughout the lifetime of the battery?

I imagine so. Picture yourself buying a new 40 AH battery. After a few years you'll inevitably start saying 'It lasted longer on a charge when it was new.' This is just our human way of applying the formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back