Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

filter capacitor in invertor welding machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepaknarkhede

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all,

I consrtucted Invertor welding machine 400A with filter capacitor 50MFD in DC link.
Some machine of same capacity uses 470MFD. I find large variations. How exactly it affects
the performance, can I use 25MFD for 250A machine?

deepak

There are several aspects determining the capacitor selection:

- 1 or 3 phase input
- accpeptable DC bus ripple voltage
- capacitor AC current rating

designing an inverter should include a calculation of capacitor parameters, I think

There are several aspects determining the capacitor selection:

- 1 or 3 phase input
- accpeptable DC bus ripple voltage
- capacitor AC current rating

designing an inverter should include a calculation of capacitor parameters, I think

Thanks.
I dindt say I designed, I just copied. Thats why the question raised. The machine is three phase
and being welding machine as far as output is concern, it can accept any level of ripples. Only
it should be acceptable to IGBT and its firing. Will it affect temperature rise or if filter has to do with output ripples only, then I could remove it totally.
pl guide

deepak

Status
Not open for further replies.