Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Feko Error 33110 when simulating a monopole on ground plane antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

peleda

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am just learning how to use Feko, and I am simulating a monopole on ground plane antenna. Unlike the examples given in the help and getting started manual, I am making my monopole with the cylinder function, rather than using a line or wire.

Hence, i have faces rather than points. I used edge port for the excitation, and now when I run the simulation, I get this error:
-----------------------------------
The following message from the master process (MYID= 0):
ERROR 33110: A triangle lies in the metallic ground plane

any ideas?
Thanks,

feko error page

Yes, change the region property (bottom left of detail tree) for the cylinder to free space. Then use face selection (yellow icon top middle) and delete the bottom face of the cylinder making contact with the ground plane.

Reactions: maha10

peleda

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

maha10

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
feko ground

if i remove the bottom face, what would i use for the negative face, when i try to use edge port. I get an error saying that a negative face must be defined. The other port options opened are line and microstrip port.
I am also using an using an infinite ground plane.

Thanks again ...

edge port exitation must have a ground plane

peleda said:
if i remove the bottom face, what would i use for the negative face, when i try to use edge port. I get an error saying that a negative face must be defined. The other port options opened are line and microstrip port.
I am also using an using an infinite ground plane.

Thanks again ...

The negative face will be the infinite ground plane. In FEKO 5.3 you have to use EDITFEKO and the AE card with the "connected to ground/UTD" option. In FEKO 5.4 you can set this in CADFEKO directly by checking the box "connect to infinite ground" in the dialog box for the edge port.

learning feko

peleda said:
I am just learning how to use Feko, and I am simulating a monopole on ground plane antenna. Unlike the examples given in the help and getting started manual, I am making my monopole with the cylinder function, rather than using a line or wire.

Hence, i have faces rather than points. I used edge port for the excitation, and now when I run the simulation, I get this error:
The following message from the master process (MYID= 0):
ERROR 33110: A triangle lies in the metallic ground plane

any ideas?
Thanks,
peleda, i think:
1. you used finite ground plane
2. may be neither not union cuboid with metallic or using FEM when feed line contact with cuboid
with feko, you can use infinite ground plane and MoM method so easy to simulation, but not exactly ^^!
to use finite ground plane, draw geometry by cadfeko and feed with editfeko, using edge port with ae card

port on cuboid feko

I'm getting into Feko as well. Have there already been threads regarding introduction/tutorial information?

feko 5.4

Compared to HFSS, the community that uses FEKO is sort of small. If you do find those threads or forums, let me know.

Re: Feko Error 33110

Hello,
I have the same problem:' A triangle lies in the metallic ground plane'
I have to use ground to obtain exact result,but I couldn't solve the error,could you kindly help me?How can I solve this error,I am using FEKO 5.5 .
thanks a lot....

Re: Feko Error 33213

Hello
I have a problem using FECO :I always get the ERROR 33213 :Not enough memory available for dynamic allocation. my model consist of a rectangular wave guide with 2 tubes in the center.
Thanks allot for the help

Re: Feko Error 33213

Hello,
I have the same problem:' A triangle lies in the metallic ground plane'
I have to use ground to obtain exact result,but I couldn't solve the error,could you kindly help me?How can I solve this error,I am using FEKO 5.5 .
thanks a lot....

You can find the triangle number by reading the *.out file in POSTFEKO and using the "Find Elements" tool to locate the triangle in question. But it's likely that you maybe drew a cuboid with it's bottom surface exactly on the infinite ground plane. Just delete those triangles from the mesh.

Hello
I have a problem using FECO :I always get the ERROR 33213 :Not enough memory available for dynamic allocation. my model consist of a rectangular wave guide with 2 tubes in the center.
Thanks allot for the help

You are probably not using the correct solution technique then. Why not upload your model so that we can better understand what you're modeling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back