Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fan for lifting weight upto 1.5 kg using air pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

sana407

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,
I am working on project where i need to lift a weight of 1.5 kg using air pressure, means if i have a fan having an air stream upward, can i use this air stream to lift some weight upto 1.5 kg in air, this weight may b a book, and if yes, then what kind of fan may i use?

Wind resistance from turbulent flow and odd shapes varies a lot.

You need a high velocity and unrestricted laminar flow propeller that runs at very high air flow. Thus the chamber must be matched to the fan for best impedance matching with a heavy load. Thus flow vs load pressure is the key parameter in choosing a fan which flows best under a heavy load, such as a 50kRPM turbine fan.

For a first estimation, you calculate a dynamic pressure required to lift the object from base and weight. Then get a minimal air speed to achieve the dynamic pressure.

You should also clarify the setup geometry.

I guess you are rather talking of a turbine than a "fan".

IF you want a novel method. that optimizes the lift/mass ratio ,

Use a balloon with the payload beneath the balloon, it should self centre in a vertical updraft.

Then a much lower velocity air flow will be capable of much higher load pressure.

I might suggest a dry latex propyllactic using an exhaust pipe to inflate to > 1m diameter. That should carry a book nicely with a nylon mesh over the balloon to carry the payload.

Status
Not open for further replies.