Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fake 24/32-bit ADC, is that possible??

Status
Not open for further replies.

snojohn

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all, I was looking for a source for 24-bit ADC's and find that you can get no less than a 32bit ADS1262 from China at a little more than $3 a piece. That seems like an abnormally low price. They also show a picture of the chip - without TI logo. Are these somehow fake? Do they work? Who could make such a complex IC if not TI? I would really like to hear about experiences if anybody has any, negative or positive.

Could be a counterfeit chip. Or Stolen. China has stolen a lot of IP. There are also thieves stealing chips right from the foundries.

24bit would do, actually i would be quite happy with 22 and I frankly don't really understand how anyone finds the voltage references to work with much more.
But, the price for the 32 bit version just seemed bizarre to me. Btw the chips don't look de-soldered at all - if they send what they show, that is, of course - and it's not just one vendor but multiple. If anybody would steal chips from the foundry anyway, would they bother to remove the TI label from them?
Could these be chips that didn't make the grade and were discarded by TI (producing in China) before finishing and found their way outside? Perhaps I should get one just to test. Although, I don't think I even have the equipment to test a 32 bit ADC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back