Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Excluding Hard Blocks from CORE size calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alosevskoy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, guys!
I'm using SOC Encounter as a layout tool. I need the florplan depicted below:

The problem is the tool uses hard blocks sizes while calculating CORE size. So the question is how to exclude them from CORE size calculation (it should be determined only by Digital_Logic module).

The hard blocks are represented in LEF files.

I don't understand your problem, the core size include the macro and std cell (exclude pads). that's correct? no?

Thank you, rca, for the quick reply!
I don't need to place the hard blocks (macroses) on CORE's rows (where only std cells of Digital_Logic part should be placed). So I want to exclude the macroses sizes from CORE (row array) size calculation.
Digital_Logic and macroses has different power suppliers.

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

I'm trying to represent my needs through the picture below :)

So now I can't make CORE size smaller than the sum of the blocks sizes and Digital_Logic size... But I need to place on rows ONLY Digital_Logic...

Last edited:

The core is the same between the two floorplans you indicates.
Why you don't connect the macro with encounter instead using Virtuoso LE?
if I have a macro which include some pads, this macro will cover the pad row and the core area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back