Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Evaluation of the characteristic impedance and S parameters in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouLinux

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Based on the generalized S parameters used in HFSS, is it correct that, when simulating a microstrip line for example:

1) The characteristic impedance of the line is found by NOT re-normalizing the port and the characteristic impedance of the line is equal to the wave port impedance ?

2) To compare the S parameters of the line with in other simulator, say ADS, where two ports having characteristic impedance of 50 Ohms are used in ADS, in order to obtain consistent results, we need to re-normalize the wave port in HFSS to an impedance of 50 Ohm ?

Thanks a lot,

DYL

I am just learning about this myself and would like someone who knows better to respond. The way I understand it, both 1 and 2 are correct, but I would certainly like it if someone who knows for sure could confirm.

same here. Could someone please confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back