Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ESD.18g DRC error in I/O cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenv07

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

When I checked DRC for the whole chip (TSMC 28nm), two ESD drc errors happen (ESD.18g and ESD.19g). These errors relate to finger width of NMOS and PMOS in ESD circuits of I/Os. I don't know how to solve it. Could you please help me on this? The attached is the error description in Calibre rule

Thanks in advance!
Steve

Attachments

• esd_error_io.png
    esd_error_io.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 254

It appears that they want a larger (wider)
device than you have placed. Clamp width
goes directly to HBM ESD voltage rating. Add
a finger, or just add a bit of finger-W since
you're fairly close (to the rule; the ESD goal,
we do not know).

check the documentation for waivers. TSMC IO cells are known for not respecting their own rules.

check the documentation for waivers. TSMC IO cells are known for not respecting their own rules.

I checked the document of TSMC IO cells, but there is no statements for waivers.

Thanks,
Steve

did you check a sneaky .txt file that comes with the release notes? This info is usually hidden in there...

did you check a sneaky .txt file that comes with the release notes? This info is usually hidden in there...

Thank you so much. I just found it in the release note as you said. This DRC error can be waived.

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.