Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error in VCO post layout Simulation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.b.biradar

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I am getting the results In VCO prelayout simulation,but in post layout simulatiuon following errors are coming....

ERROR (SPCRTRF-15050): V(net5,net7) is too small to reliably detect the period of the oscillator.Perhaps nodes with insignificant signal levels were chosen, or perhaps the oscillator was never properly started.

Analysis `sweeppss-000_pss' was terminated prematurely due to an error.

Error found by spectre during Sweep analysis `sweeppss'.
ERROR (SPCRTRF-15024): The pnoise analysis was skipped because a PSS analysis must be run first.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve it...
Thank You..

did you put initial condition on your oscillator node? try to tighten your tolerances.

You will also have to provide sufficient tstab before pss.

did you put initial condition on your oscillator node? try to tighten your tolerances.

hi,
i have given the conditions:
In PSS:
Beat frequency: 2GHz
Number of harmonics :2
errorpreset:Conservative
tstab:450ns
In Pnoise:
sweep type:Relative,
Relative harmonic:1,
sidebands:7,
noise type:sources.

Do i need to set any other options.Plz guide me..

The settings look fine to me. Did you run a tran simulation to see the circuit oscillate? If it oscillates properly in a tran simulation, it is not normal to see this warning in pss. Set some initial conditions to help the oscillator startup quickly.

The settings look fine to me. Did you run a tran simulation to see the circuit oscillate? If it oscillates properly in a tran simulation, it is not normal to see this warning in pss. Set some initial conditions to help the oscillator startup quickly.

thank you..
I am getting the oscillation in prelayout simulation and post-layout simulation with "C" extraction only. But if i simulate post-layout with both "R"&"C" extraction then its unable to oscillate.
Can you please guide me how to solve this problem...

what type of oscillator are you simulating/extracting? is your bias current correct in postlayout? did you try wider traces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back