Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

embedded tcp/udp server socket connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanchope

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
serversocket working with tcp or udp

Hi, all,
How can I build a embedded tcp/udp server socket connection using siemens or wavecom modules?
The basic idea is that 2 socket connections will be built on this device, 1 client socket (link to PC server PORT NO: 5000) and 1 server socket (PORT NO: 5001). The client socket will send data to the remote server at PORT 5000 (PC server). The PC server will recognize the IP address of my embedded device, and reply to the server socket of my embedded device through PORT 5001.

Do I need a special sim card?

regards
Wamchope

modem siemens tcp udp

please note that either Siemens or Wavecom, are only a wireless modem... Though there is some model that could have embedded with TCP/IP stack, it still a modem...

There is two ways to use the modem, one is just doing as a fixed-line modem (PSTN), like the old Hayes Modem... sending AT command to ask it to dial up, .....

Another ways is to use the GPRS socket... it is still using AT command, with configuration on the internet operation, plus a special dial-up number, which is obtained from the operator...

In either case, you still need a SIM card, a data SIM for Modem-like data communication, or GPRS SIM for GPRS socket communication

To use the Siemens or Wavecom modules, you can connect it to your PC with UART interface, yes, the Modem modules are also using UART for communication. However, the signal level is TTL level, which you may need a hardware to convert it....

The rest is the applications on your computers, one is client and one is server. If you have no idea on this, you can reference to Microsoft Visual Basic/Visual C++'s example, they have a demo code that allow you to talk with either peer...

Status
Not open for further replies.