Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded system--energy monitoring & relay op using CAN Bus & Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

arin

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Experts,

I'm a novice in embedded systems.

I want to design an embedded system using CAN bus & micro-controller circuits.

I have a shelf where 10 laptop type devices are connected. considering that each device takes 1A on average, I'd like to put an energy monitor in the input of the shelf , whereby I can measure & monitor the current going in it. When an overcurrent is observed I'd like to use a trip relay (whenever the shelf draws more current than the rating of the relay) connected to the shelf.

The building blocks I see are AC input power, energy(current) monitor, relay, microcontroller, CAN bus, CAN bus to micro interfaces etc. detailed answers possibly with blocks/schematics & part numbers are highly appreciated.

thanks much in advance,
arin

Embedded system energy monitoring relay op using CAN Bus Microcontroller

Hey..

I want to buy a FPV system, and I was wondering what I needed to get it going with all the stuff I need to have a completed FPV system.

What do you recommend?

Re: Embedded system--energy monitoring & relay op using CAN Bus & Microcontroller

Hi,
regarding CAN bus you can have a look at this project and copy component, schematic and layout.
Also a simple CAN bus communication example was developed (here) for Tiva Launchpad TM4C123GXL.
Good luck!

Re: Embedded system--energy monitoring & relay op using CAN Bus & Microcontroller

Thanks Lucast85.

I'm looking to see how a Relay, monitor (like ADE7753) & a CAN bus system can be interfaced together?

Thanks

Hi arin,

choose your preferred MCU; It must have, at least:
- some GPIO pins to control relais (e.g. trough an IC like ULN2003 to control relay's coils.)
- a CAN controller (alternatively you can also use an external CAN controller like MCP2515 but it's not the easy way)
- a SPI controller to communicate with ADE7753;

Please, describe the use of CAN bus. What about its use? You want to build a network of embedded energy monitor systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back