Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded Linux starting point

Status
Not open for further replies.

eepty

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to learn about embedded Linux for my future project, I searched several days in the web but I could not find any good reference to start with, I can only find documents and videos which talk about the theory. I would need something that is practical.

In the past few days I know that I need a Linux development platform (that is a PC installed a Linux OS) to develop an embedded Linux device, Therefore I downloaded the Vitrual Machine and a CentrOS Linux image. However I don't know what to do next.

Also I know that there is a similator called QEMU so that I don't need the real hardware (the embedded development board). I hope that I don't need to buy a development board because they are expensive to me.

Please anyone can help to suggest a good and easy to follow reference for me to start with?

Thank you very much.

hi eepty its very easy try to learn working on gcc with terminal and eclipse both.

I would like to learn about embedded Linux for my future project, I searched several days in the web but I could not find any good reference to start with, I can only find documents and videos which talk about the theory. I would need something that is practical.

In the past few days I know that I need a Linux development platform (that is a PC installed a Linux OS) to develop an embedded Linux device, Therefore I downloaded the Vitrual Machine and a CentrOS Linux image. However I don't know what to do next.

Also I know that there is a similator called QEMU so that I don't need the real hardware (the embedded development board). I hope that I don't need to buy a development board because they are expensive to me.

Please anyone can help to suggest a good and easy to follow reference for me to start with?

Thank you very much.

Hi Eepty,

You should first buy a board to play with. You can refer the book of Rubini. This is good for newbies.

Hi
I recommand Forlinx Embedded. The website is www.forlinx.net.
Now I used OK6410-A + 4.3" LCD and very good products. Linux, WinCE and Android are all OK for this boards. They also offer technical supports for customers. Very helpful.

hi, I am a novice too and I used to play with QEMU for a while, but found it helps very little.

Then I restarted my learning with this: **broken link removed**. A very handy starter kit that comes with plenty of useful resources for learning ARM and Embedded Linux (and Android too), check it out if you really would need *something that is practical*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back