Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded Linux Boards whose projects can be patented

Status
Not open for further replies.

RishabhG

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have an idea for a project and have implemented it using the Raspberry Pi. I want to file a patent for the project but I cannot use the Raspberry Pi as it can't be a part of any patent.

I need the board to support almost all features that the Pi does. I also want the board to have extensive coverage for Python libraries like the Pi does. This way I can easily port the code.

Please suggest some Embedded Linux Boards whose projects can be patented. Does the Beaglebone(black) fall into this category?

Thanks

Depending on how you file the patent, you can file the patent without having the physical parts. You can just say that it requires an embedded system with such and such features to accomplish the idea.

Last edited:

What makes you think you can't usea Pi in a patented device?
(Not that you'd even mention the Pi specifically as greg said)

I checked online and read (I don't remember where) that raspberry pi projects can't be patented

Rish - in that case just ignore it.
You aren't patenting the Pi you are patenting whatever it is you invented yourself
that just happens to use the Pi anyway.
Even if it MUST use the Pi - you can still patent your invention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back