Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

efficiency of DCDC power management

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovexxnu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, who know what is the mainstream efficiency of DCDC power management?
I ever found some productions which is higher than 98%, I wonder what is the mainstream now and what is the goal for the industry of power management.
Thanks!

I am a freshman from China and I undertake a project that design a LED driver, which contains a DC-DC in it. I look up some datasheets, and find that most productions have the efficiency above 80%. I wonder how the 98% can be designed.

It depends on application. For main power supply in portable device, I think 90% efficiency is required for normal operating condition. For series LED, efficiency should be around 80% because the difference between VIn and VOUT is too big.

of course the effiency is the higher, the better. the problem is, in some applications, you are not possilbe to acchieve 98%, even 90%. so, talking about this issue without the application is none-sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back